|Studying passages from Isaiah 54–56; 63–65 we should be ow to encouraged to strengthen the stake we live in while preparing for the Second Coming and the Millennium.|
The 2001 Old Testament Class Member Study Guide p. 26, asks the following questions:
- In Isaiah 54:2, the prophet uses a comparison of a tent with stakes. How does this represent stakes in the modern Church?
- What counsel does he offer regarding the entire Church with all of its stakes? (See Isaiah 54:2–3.)
- What can you do to help build and strengthen the stake where you live?
- In Isaiah 55:10–13 the prophet wrote that God’s word nourishes our soul like the water from snow or rain helps to nourish seeds. How does God’s word nourish our soul? (See Alma 32:28.)
- Looking at Isaiah 65:17–25, during the Millennium what conditions will prevail?
SearchIsaiah.org offers study materials for chapters 54 below:
This chapter shows the Lord’s promise and devotion to Zion in the last days. As such, it is a natural continuation of the prophetic, covenantal promises Christ was giving the Nephites,